Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 Stereo Multi-Track Looper – DISCONTINUED

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    diblet
    Quote:
    It’s not listed on the catalog page anymore. Also, my sales rep told me a couple of months ago that it and the 2880 were being discontinued.

gotcha, cool to know.

i got my money on case design and a few incremental upgrades (like pog -> pog2).

Cryabetes
    Participant

:'(

RIP 2880, RIP HOG

I’m looking forward to see what they replace them with. I’m surprised the flanger hoax hasn’t disappeared either

Cryabetes
    Participant

…guys the uh HOG is still on the EHX products list.

The EH Man
    Quote:
    …guys the uh HOG is still on the EHX products list.

But it’s no longer available to order from their dealer catalog.

MattInVegas

I was a little puzzled when I ordered both the HOG and 2880 over the phone from Guitar Center (Feb and April, respectively), and I’m pretty sure they said “yes, we still have one in stock.” Makes sense now.

They were never in the physical inventories of the Guitar Center closest to me, but I always assumed it was a price issue. I hope GC carries the new versions. They’re the only official EHX dealer here. Took a lot of online demo watching to decide to purchase.

When I got the 2880, it came with five boxes of Dean Markley Helix HD strings. Didn’t even notice at first; I was too busy to dig into the new pedal properly so I set it aside. Thought they must be flashcards, which brings up a question: The 2880 came with one flashcard. Can anyone recommend the best backup currently on the market? Been Mac for life and never had to deal with them before. For all I know flash cards are about to be obsolete, and the last reference I see for one in the Forums is 2009. Looks like a few owners needed replacements shortly after purchase.

Cryabetes
    Participant

I found an ebay seller in hong kong selling 128mb ones for about $3 each but that was a while ago and I haven’t looked since.

MattInVegas

Is 2 MB the limit, or was that how much memory a CF card could when the 2880 was introduced. Picked up a few on ebay

Cryabetes
    Participant

2GB is the limit; it’s something to do with how the 2880 reads data – it’ll pull data/sound from random spots if you try to use one that’s larger than 2GB, even marginally (like most components, data storage items like hard drives, flash cards, etc are made to a tolerance rather than a specific target), so aiming for UNDER 2GB is advised for glitch free operation. I know mine doesn’t like Kingston memory cards, but Viking and Sandisk work well.

arianicide
    Participant

Hi,
    I just wrote EHX in order to ask them if I shall hurry up to buy some discontinued 2880 or wait until a new EHX looper would eventually pop up on the market on tne coming months.
    Here are there anwser :

Quote:
    Hello. The unit has been discontinued. You can wait if you prefer but we do not have any ETA for new loopers at this time.
    Regards,

Which means, if I understand well, that another looper is on it’s way, but that we are going to wait for a long time until we see it in our dealer shop.

So, if you want to loop now, buy a 2880 on ebay ! If you’re looking for an hypothetical perfect looper, wait for a few months or even a year !

arianicide

zenogenic

Hi!
    I am really wondering about getting a 2880 while they are still out there.
    I wonder if being discontinued I would still get warranty (?)
    And how long is that warranty?
    – About a possible update, for my loop market research, what would really make this my certain option (though its still the one i prefer so far) would be a pre-amp :D , phantom powered xlr input would make this machine the ultimate sexyness!!

MattInVegas

Get it.

Cryabetes
    Participant
    Quote:
    Hi!
    – About a possible update, for my loop market research, what would really make this my certain option (though its still the one i prefer so far) would be a pre-amp :D , phantom powered xlr input would make this machine the ultimate sexyness!!

…so get an ART TubeMP & a 2880 and call it good?

zenogenic

well that looks like awesome equipment hehe :D
    i will definitely want something like that in some time :P
    for now i will have to trust my behringer mixer :P
    will actually give me some options to go into 2880,
    and yeah I am decided to buy the 2880 :D wohoo!!
    could you confirm me if a 32 x 24 x 2.1 mm Xmore SD Card 2 GB is compatible with this nasty looper beast? :D
    all the best!! ty for the feedback

Cryabetes
    Participant

You’d need a SD-to-CF card adapter and I’ve had poor luck using things near the top of the size limit (2GB) – rarely they work, typically they glitch.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.