Electro-Harmonix announces the Grand Canyon equipped with 12 effect types plus a fully featured looper capable of recording and overdubbing the Grand Canyon’s effects. The pedal provides up to three seconds of delay time, tap tempo and nine tap divide settings, stereo output, 13 presets, programmable EXP pedal settings and high quality analog bypass with soft switching.
The Grand Canyon’s 13 modes are:
1. ECHO – 24-bit digital delay with bit crush/sample rate reduction and low/high pass filtering
2. MOD – Modulated delay, yields flanger, chorus, vibrato and more
3. MULTI – Multi-tap delay, set the exact number of echo repeats up to 31
4. REVERSE – Reverse delay with an intelligent pluck detection algorithm
5. DMM – Deluxe Memory Man, re-creates the tone of the EHX bucket-brigade delay pedal
6. TAPE – Tape Delay, simulates analog tape echo including tape distortion, wow and flutter
7. REVERB – Lush plate reverb plus echo.
8. PITCH – Polyphonic pitch shifting plus digital delay creates pitch-shifted echoes
9. SHIM – Shimmer generates a rich octave-shifted wash
10. SAMPLE/HOLD – Sample and hold, senses a note being plucked and produces echoes indefinitely until another note is detected
11. DRUM – Magnetic drum echo that emulates a classic Binson Echorec style delay
12. DOUBLE – Thickens up a mono signal or creates a stereo spread.
13. LOOPER – Looper with up to 16 minutes of recording time. Includes unlimited overdubs, undo/redo, dedicated stop button, loop fade-out, reverse and speed adjust.
The pedal will be available mid-October and comes with a 9.6VDC-200mA power supply.
Electro-Harmonix announces the Mod Rex Polyrhythmic Modulator, a pedal equipped with four, independent modulation sections synced in time. MOD delivers vibrato, flanger, chorus or phaser. TREM features tremolo. PAN modulates between left and right in stereo operation and FILTER offers a choice of a modulated LPF, HPF or BPF. Each section provides four LFO shape options plus dedicated functions to maximize the Mod Rex’s expressivity and control.
The pedal’s TEMPO component gives the user nine note length choices selectable in increments starting at whole note and ranging thru subdivisions that go up to a 16th note. They are independently selectable for each modulation section yielding nearly limitless polyrhythmic possibilities and any of the sections can be bypassed.
The MOD Rex’s tempo (displayed as BPM) is adjustable with the Tempo knob, Tap Tempo footswitch or by using an expression pedal into its EXP input. It can also be synced to an external device with MIDI Clock or an external pulse clock.
The MOD REX features a full stereo input and output plus full MIDI control of all parameters including recall of the pedal’s 100 presets. It is also equipped with an external foot controller input to bank up and down thru the presets. The pedal is available now and comes with a 9.6VDC/200mA power supply.
Electro-Harmonix has reissued the original Version 1 Big Muff dubbed the Triangle Big Muff because of the layout of its Volume, Sustain and Tone controls. The pedal is a faithful re-creation of the original circa 1969 circuit now housed in a pedalboard friendly, die cast chassis.
According to Electro-Harmonix founder, Mike Matthews, “The Big Muff Pi is the pedal we are best known for so I wanted to commemorate EHX’s 50th Anniversary (1968-2018) by re-releasing V1, the very first Big Muff that started it all. Original pedals are now selling for hundreds of dollars and this reissue absolutely nails that creamy, violin-like sustain and musical tone at a price a working musician can afford.”
The Triangle Big Muff features the following nods to convenience: an LED to indicate effect status, true bypass switching and the option of being powered by a 9-volt AC adapter. It comes equipped with a 9V battery and is available now.
EHX is excited to exhibit at the AES Pro Audio Convention in NYC on October 17 - 19. We'll be hanging out at booth 245 so register for a free ehxibition badge and come by to say hello » www.aesshow.com/145AES846
EHX founder Mike Matthews visited the studio of Big Muff historian and aficionado Kit Rae in 2015 to test V1 Triangle Big Muffs for the newly reissued version. According to Mike, “The Big Muff Pi is the pedal we are best known for so I wanted to commemorate EHX’s 50th Anniversary by re-releasing V1, the very first Big Muff that started it all.”
Our new EH Strings allow you to capture every nuance of your playing style with lightning fast playability. Made of a pure nickel wrap with a specially-selected stainless steel, these sweet-sounding round wounds are truly like no other strings you've played. Not only do they last longer and stay in tune longer, but we think they're the best sounding strings ever made. Available in 9s, 10s and 11s.
Did you know that Electro-Harmonix makes many of the world's greatest vacuum tubes? The next time you need to re-tube your guitar, bass, or hi-fi amp, be sure to insist on getting authentic Electro-Harmonix tubes.