Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 1440 Firmware Update V0.60 – Additional MIDI Control / Bug Fixes

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    sumpe13
    Participant

I am having a problem triggering Midi Messages 31,32,33(retrigger!), 34, 35 amongst others. I use CC#3 and then the numbers, but this also happened with PC Messages, which in my case somehow works even less. I am totally confused about this. How come I manage to trigger Messages 21,22 etc, but then others not?
    The issue exists on both software versions 0.60 and 0.62. Gear: MorningStar MC8 Controller, 1440 (isolated power).
    What I have tried so far, with no success, hours trying to sort this out:
    – reset of the pedal
    – different midi cables
    – different midi channels
    – different settings of the EXT CLK

PS: I do not use midi clock. On the Pedal, all the functions seem to work fine.

Any help solving this would be much, much appreciated.
    thanks

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by sumpe13.
    Gila_Crisis
    Participant

I remember once the whole Midi Mapping as found in the 1440 manual was completely shifted my 1.
    For example PC1 was in reality PC0.
    I suggest you to try that trick. So try for Retrigger to use PC32 instead of 33, etc…

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Gila_Crisis.
    romzin
    Participant

Dear EHX-staff,
    One feature that I’m missing on this looper is to seamlessly play/record when changing the memory slot, which would enable to change between Verse/Chorus with the external FSW.
    Would it be possible to add it on the future features list?

Hi romzin, unfortunately the 1440 will not be able to do seamless transitions between loop banks. The hardware does not support this feature.

Hi sumpe13, I agree with Gila Crisis’s suggestion, to reduce every PC message number by 1. For example, try message 32 for retriggering rather than 33.

sumpe13
    Participant

PC message 32 worked (instead of 33)! Thank you.
    It is still strange that the CC method however still does not work. But at least I am able now to retrigger using PC message. Thanks for the help!

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

@sumpe13, I never tried the CC #3 method. I always use the PC messages (I found it is easier to program, btw I use a Morningstar MC6). Maybe I’ll givecit a try just to check if I have the same issue. CC3 and a value of 32 also didn’t work?

@romzin
    I think you can do that with a midi controller! You can program a next or previous track function that allows you to change track and trigger the Loop footswitch so that you can either record a new loop or play an existing one.

@Flick (EHX Staff) please update the midi mapping in the manual with the right numbering!!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Gila_Crisis.
    romzin
    Participant

@Gila_Crisis Yes, I managed to get the next loop automatically triggered with a midi controller with no noticeable delay. See my post here https://www.ehx.com/topic/1440-firmware-update-v0-57-improved-midi-clock-sync-stability-midi-control/page/2/#post-193079
    Therefore I was hoping that this could be implemented directly so that no midi controller is needed. The external 3 button Footswitch is much more convenient to carry around and does not need additional power, etc

@romzin I understand what you’re looking for now. We’ll look into loop bank play/record transition on the external 3 button footswitch first chance we get. Thanks for the link to your other post.

@Gila_Crisis
    We’ll update the MIDI mapping in the manual as soon as we can.

Also I see that the MIDI mappings in the manual are not up to date as the manual does not include the three newest messages:

PC 71 (70) – Play function: always initiates the PLAY function unless the loop is empty. As long as audio is found in the currently selected loop bank, and no matter the current mode, sending PC71 will put the 1440 into play mode. PC71 does not start an overdub, record, or stop playback.

PC 72 (71) – Record/Dub function: always initiates the REC or OVERDUB function. 1440 will choose the correct function based on the current state. On an empty loop, PC 72 starts a recording. PC 72 starts an overdub on a playing loop, or immediately starts overdub/play on a stopped loop. During a new recording, PC 72 will close the loop and put the 1440 into overdub.

PC 128 (127) – Direct Loop Erase. Immediately erases the loop of the currently selected loop bank, with no extra confirmation. The loop must be stopped for PC 128 to work. Caution! Once the loop is erased, it is gone forever, this function cannot be undone.

romzin
    Participant

Hello,
    sorry, I just realized my request was clear in my head, but I did not describe it very well:
    it would be nice that when switching bank up/down (especially with the external FSW) we could have the option to automatically start playing/recording the newly selected bank (either at the end of the current loop, or instantaneously when pressing the up/down FSW).
    Currently changing bank up/down stops playback and the play switch needs then to be activated to start playing/recording, which is virtually impossible without having a gap.

Understood. The important thing to know is that the transition between loops on the 1440 will not be truly seamless. There will always be a short gap. As you said in your previous post, this gap will be on the order 6-12ms.

We will look into adding automatic play/record when changing loops with the 3-button footswitch. I can’t say for sure that we’ll be able to make it happen but we will try.

Thanks for the ideas!!

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

Hello, any possibility for a future firmware to have on 1440 also 720’s Loop Progress mode?

Loop progress mode is definitely on the list for a future 1440 firmware upgrade.

SabandijaVoraz
    Participant

Hello, I’m having another issue with my 1440, whenever I start overdubbing the first loop eventually gets erased or disappears, no matter if I have the overdub knob dimed it ends up disappearing. Again another issue that wasn’t there with the 720. Once more defeated by new features I’m not really using other wise, the layering and stacking of loops is the main reason I use it, one of our songs has a part where there are stabbing chords looped and then wailing bends drenched in reverb sound kind of like a siren over a buzzing alarm…but after the first wailing overdub the stabs just disappear. Am I doing anything wrong? In the manual it says that if I set the overdub knob at max then previous audio levels should remain constant but that definitely is not the case in practice. Stacking more than just two layers is a big part of the fun of using a looper, and once again my “upgraded” looper isn’t performing as my previous unit. I really appreciated the firmware update that let each bank remember the FX and settings, so if there’s any way you guys could look into this issue I’d be grateful once again.

If you have the OVERDUB knob set to max and it is still erasing old audio as you overdub, this sounds like a broken OVERDUB potentiometer.

How new is your 1440?

Did it always have this problem or did it begin with a firmware update?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.