Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 1440 Firmware Update V0.60 – Additional MIDI Control / Bug Fixes

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

For the 720 Looper Progress addition to the 1440, we’ve added it to our future additions list but it won’t be in the next firmware update which we’re testing now. Thanks for the idea!

SabandijaVoraz
    Participant

Hello, just wanted to ask if there’s been any news on when the update will be available?

SabandijaVoraz
    Participant

Nevermind! just hooked up my 1440 to my computer and everything is working now! thank you so much EHX, best customer service experience so far!

We have version 0.62 firmware available for the 1440 now:

Electro-Harmonix 1440 Version 0.62 Release Notes
    October 6, 2023

1. Changed the REVERSE, OCTAVE, and 1-SHOT buttons and the Fade time setting so that their states are stored on a per-loop basis. Each loop slot now stores their own effect button settings and its own Fade time. A loop must be played or recorded and then stopped in a specific loop slot for that slot’s button and Fade settings to be saved. Erasing a loop does NOT reset the button settings.

2. Fixed a bug where importing a loop via USB would sometimes cause its audio to briefly drop out when it started over from the beginning during playback.

Note: Performing this update will reset all three button’s settings to their default/disabled state, regardless of what they are set to globally on the previous firmware version.

_casualdean
    Participant

Hi Flick,

I’m planning to update my 1440’s firmware today (still on v0.57), but just wanted to ask if it will fix an issue I have found on two units now. When using MIDI to sync with an external clock, changing projects in the DAW occasionally causes the 1-shot button to turn on unexpectedly, and continue to 1 shot loops even after turning it off. The only way to stop it is stop the project playing in the DAW, turn off the 1-shot button and start again – makes for some awkward false starts in a live setting!

If it’s helpful, this is with a 2021 macbook running Reaper (have also had this issue with Logic) and a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 mkII interface.

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

Very cool, but when I try to update with the 1440 app the update progress on the program stay stuck at this view, and the pedal says BOOT.
    But if I turn off the pedal and power back on I have still 0,60. Something doesn’t work.
    apperror

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Gila_Crisis.
    Gila_Crisis
    Participant

Additional info: I run the app in a mac M1 Pro with Ventura 13.0, but… I have to run the older 1.0 to connect to the pedal, download the loops and update!
    The newer 1.0.49 doesn’t work… I can’t see/import/export loops and doesn’t recognize there’s a new update available.

Hi Gila_Crisis, please try the following on your Mac to establish the USB connection with the 1440. Let us know if it works for you:

1. Choose the Apple menu > System Settings.
    2. Click Privacy & Security.
    3. Scroll down and click the pop-up menu next to “Allow accessories to connect,” then choose “Always”.

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

Thank you I followed your advice and now I was able to update the 1440 to 062!
    But… the app latest version 1.0.49 doesn’t work on my macbook, I still have to use 1.0!!

Gila_Crisis, strange, those Privacy settings should have fixed it for 1.0.49 also. Just to confirm you have:

Model: MacBook
    CPU: M1 Pro

When you run 1.0.49 with this set up, the app does not populate the loops in the Import/Export tabs, allow you to Export in the Export tab or update the firmware on your 1440?

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

I confirm my macbook data!
    Yes, app doesn’t populate the import/export tabs, and if I try to update it tell me “Version (null) is the newest 1440 firmware available”

And one last thing, version 1.0 of the 1440 works fine on your MacBook?

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

Yes, version 1,0 works totally fine! I can import/export and firmware update without any issues.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Gila_Crisis.

Hi _casualdean,

We have not seen the 1-Shot bug you are reporting so we can’t say for sure if it is fixed in the latest 1440 firmware, 0.62. We can tell you that the button memory scheme has been rewritten for 0.62 and so there is a strong possibility that this problem goes away with the code and scheme rewrite.

If not though, let us know and we will look into it.

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

0.62 seams to have solved also another tiny bug I was experiencing sometimes: the Red recrod led would stay stuck lit, when not rec/dub, after an overdub session where I would apply a lot of manipulations (reverse, octave, speed, overdub knob heavely combined together).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.