A compact, affordable pedal packed with advanced functionality and 11 reverb styles ranging from essential to exotic.
Click here to see Bill Ruppert's settings diagrams.
(Black lines = primary knob settings, Red lines = secondary knob settings)
The Oceans 11’s reverbs are:
1. HALL – the rich reverberant sound of a grand concert hall
2. SPRING – pays homage to the classic Fender® 6G15 tube spring reverb
3. PLATE – the lush, warm reverb that got its name because a large metal plate was originally used to create it
4. REVRS – emulates the quirky reverse reverb effect where a note’s reverb fades-in backwards. (Jimmy Page claims to have invented it.)
5. ECHO –sends a recirculating echo thru the Plate reverb. The crisp clear delays get tastefully smudged by the airy plate reverb
6. TREM – reverb plus tremolo that’s applied to both the wet and dry mix of a Hall reverb, your choice of three different tremolo shapes
7. MOD – modulated reverb, three modes. Chorus laced onto the reverb tails creates a luscious atmospheric effect. Flanger wraps around the reverb tails and weaves a hypnotic tapestry. Chorus and flanger combined.
8. DYNA – Swell, gate and duck. Swell silences your notes’ attacks before blooming the tails back into the soundscape. Gate passes the reverb tail thru a noise gate that opens when it detects playing. (Phil Collins popularized the technique by applying it to drums.) Duck compresses the reverb tail while you’re playing and fades it back in when you’re resting.
9. AUTO-INF – Auto-infinite reverb that triggers a reverb wash for each note or chord. When a new one is struck, the previously resounding reverb crossfades to the new one
10. SHIM – Shimmer generates a rich octave-shifted reverb wash that modulates and blossoms behind your signal
11. POLY – Polyphonic reverb, two configurable bi-directional pitch shifts operating on your pre-reverb signal. Combine dissonant intervals with near infinite decays to create disorienting soundtracks, or choose perfect/major intervals to generate creative harmonies when jumping around a key signature
The Oceans 11 features powerful, yet intuitive “hidden” parameters accessible thru its Secondary Knob Mode that let the player take greater control of its effects.
An internal Tails switch also provides a choice of whether the reverb effect fades out naturally or stops immediately when the pedal is switched to bypass. In most settings the pedal is also capable of producing infinite reverb which can be played over with a fresh reverb effect complete with adjustable parameters!
To suggest a video, send email to:
- 11 different reverb types: HALL, SPRING, PLATE, REVRS, ECHO, TREM, MOD, DYNA, AUTO-INF, SHIM and POLY
- Tails switch. Select whether the reverb fades out naturally or stops immediately when the pedal is switched to bypass
EHX's Oceans 11 Reverb pedal takes home the Music & Sound Retailer's Award for Best Effect Pedal of 2018! Electro-Harmonix Founder, Mike Matthews, is shown accepting the award at the 2019 Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, California.
We are very honored to have won this industry award for six of the last seven years against stiff competition from some of the best known names in music gear.
"Modest price... compact size... a reverb pedal that truly does it all... with studio sound quality..." Guitar World magazine reviews the Oceans 11 Reverb and gives it their Platinum Award. Check it out here: www.ehx.com/oceans-11-platinum-award
Electro-Harmonix introduces the Oceans 11, a compact pedal with advanced functionality that features 11 reverb styles ranging from essential to exotic.
Watch Bill Ruppert’s guided tour of this hot new pedal.
The Oceans 11’s reverbs are:
1. HALL – reverb characteristic of a grand concert hall
2. SPRING – pays homage to vintage Fender® tube reverbs
3. PLATE – a lush plate reverb
4. REVRS – emulates the reverse reverb effect created in studios where a note’s reverb fades-in backwards
5. ECHO – reverb plus delay, a digital delay feeds into the Plate reverb
6. TREM – reverb plus tremolo applied to both the wet and dry mix of a Hall reverb
7. MOD – modulated reverb, a combination of various modulations creates rich reverb tails
8. DYNA – three dynamic reverb algorithms: swell, gate and duck
9. AUTO-INF – Auto infinite reverb that triggers a reverb wash for each note or chord. When a new one is struck, the previously resounding reverb wash crossfades to the new one
10. SHIM – Shimmer generates a rich octave-shifted reverb wash
11. POLY – Polyphonic reverb, two configurable bi-directional pitch shifts
Mike Matthews says: “Our new Oceans 11 multi-function reverb pedal is packed with reverbs ranging from essential to exotic. There are 11 styles in all and a Mode button that lets you select up to three variations of many.
“It’s compact, affordable and delivers serious control so you can really fine tune your effects. It also sounds incredible. The Oceans 11 is our best reverb yet!”
The Oceans 11’s Mode button lets the user select up to three variations of many of its reverbs for greater variety. The pedal also features powerful, yet intuitive “hidden” parameters accessible thru its Secondary Knob Mode that enable the player to take greater control of its effects.
An internal Tails switch provides a choice of whether the reverb effect fades out naturally or stops immediately when the pedal is switched to bypass. In most settings the pedal is also capable of producing infinite reverb which can be played over with a fresh reverb effect complete with adjustable parameters.
The Oceans 11 comes equipped with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply and is available now.
Get this limited-edition Day-Glo poster of the original 1968 art that inspired the Electro-Harmonix logo!
Mike Matthews stated: “The image on our Flashback Poster is of the original artwork that inspired the famous Electro-Harmonix logo. I think players who dig our pedals will also enjoy the chance to own a piece of EHX memorabilia.”
Did you know that Electro-Harmonix makes many of the world's greatest vacuum tubes? The next time you need to re-tube your guitar, bass, or hi-fi amp, be sure to insist on getting authentic Electro-Harmonix tubes.
Our new EHX Strings Electro-Harmonix electric guitar strings are custom-designed to our specifications and made in the USA by a premiere string manufacturer. Each wound string is precision wrapped with round nickel-plated steel onto a high carbon, hexagon-shaped steel core. The plain strings are made from the same high carbon steel as the hex cores. The high quality steel and computer controlled winding process results in strings that intonate accurately, are better at staying in tune and vibrate evenly for maximum sustain.