Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 dud?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    aliengtr
    Participant

hey my 2880 I jsut got seems to lock up when I engage ext sync and I am syncing with midi clock, it seems somtimes it works but if I turn off midi and then turn it back on it loks up, yet my software sends midi clock always and midi start and stop, I have no choice but to pull out the power chord of the 2880 and restart it, any ideas? DO I have a bad pedal?

aliengtr
    Participant

man, it seems to lock up whenever the ext sync is engaged, though not at first but after I try to record a loop or play one, whats up with this? It acts liek a bad pedal, I mean it should not lock up right? whaere I have to unplug it and then plug it back in?

aliengtr
    Participant

Ok tryingto figure this thing out, I think i got it to sync in rec ready mode (just dont hit play or it locks up an wont do anything and no direct sound), but then to get out of it without it locking up is really a mystery, even hitting new loop gives me either all six foot controller buttons lit up and then I still have to power it off and on?! I either have a bad unit or this is the way it functions?

spencer vex

i just slaved my 2880 to my korg KP3 and im getting similar results

i only have the out from the KP3 to the in on the 2880.. no midi loop

the only reason i really wanted to sync them is for tempo/bpm, and when in ext.clock mode it does work. when i tap the tap pad on my KP3 the tempo on the 2880 changes accordingly… which is nice, but i cant engage it into ext.clock mode while recording or playing back loops.

let say ive just recorded one dub on each of the 4 tracks and im listening back to them. and then lets say i wanna change the tempo, i should be able to then press the ext.clock button on the 2880 and then change the bpms on the KP3 which should in turn change the tempo of the loop playing back… except when you hit ext.clock while a loop is playing the 2880 stops the playback and goes directly into ext.clock mode. so there is no way of using ext.clock mode if you wanna keep the playback running w/out pause… ?

is this correct?

aliengtr
    Participant

hmmm…does yours lock up? I am just trying to play and then hit record and begin playback in sync and thenrecord on other tracks and then when I end the sequencer the unit seems to lock up (Imean no buttons will do anyting at all). I dont know this midi sync thing is messy.I am onl using midi in too, no midi loop either. still experimenting to try to figure itout

spencer vex

i have yet to experience any lockup of any sort

when are you engaging the ext.clock exactly?

before you loop/dub?

after the first loop/dub?

sorry just trying to find out exactly whats up also

aliengtr
    Participant

well i can get it to sync to midi sometimes, but most of the time its off, just not syncing, its like I tried a bass line and it was the worst of the worst, like the worst bassit ever hahaa. Maybe my midi cables are too long? or delay fom pc to unit or soemthing?! It does soem really wierd things. SO far, its rightup there with the rc-50 midi sync wise,shit.I have 2 lexicon jamman rack units that sync to midi like a dream. they never bitch n moan and it sure isnt this hard I am about to return this sucker.I mean right now its kind of syncing, but to get it to actually do it takes a lot of preperation it seems like and the click tells you its off,way off..or seems to slow down almost a tiny bit.

aliengtr
    Participant

I had similar problems with the boss rc-50 not syncing worth a darn, it has to do with the midi start stuff maybe, my jammans lexicon units dont have a problem they are always right on, maybe I need to send one to electro harmonix so they can study it and get the midi syncing right, I mean it does do it better than the rc-50 which is a total joke, but its still iffy most of the time and for $600 with footcontroller that wont do

spencer vex

well as far as i can tell my midi sync works just fine… its syncing up perfectly with the KP3

i just cant figure out why i cannot start recording or playback while in ext.clock mode

aliengtr
    Participant

I may have a bad pedal or something, I can hardly get it to sync without locking up, for you I would say that with ext sync on you should hit new loop then both record and track select lights blink, hit it again and then hit record and then if you hit play it should work. wow, I am dissapointed, I emailed ehx and got no response so far, I may jsut have to return the whole thing sadly.

donthefox

Hey guys! Mine also kinda-syncs, but won’t respond to tempo change via MIDI. This is why I bought the damn thing, to use with my modular synth, and tbh it’s kinda useless. I think a firmware update is in order, and I also emailed to no avail. Can we get some staff in here?

julian

Email again, they get a lot of email and they don’t always see everything

you could also try sending an email to Rick: http://www.ehx.com/member/100/

donthefox

Thanks bro, much appreciated.

julian

Did you guys update your 2880? I see there is a software patch for it on its page.

donthefox

I hadn’t, I didn’t see the update! Awesome! I’ll sort that and see if it solves the issue. Thanks very much! The MIDI CC control looks amazing, and will really open it up for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.