Congratulations on your purchase of the Electro-Harmonix C9 Organ Machine. The C9 transforms the tone of a guitar or keyboard into that of a convincing electric organ yet is easy to use and play. Based on the sound engine found in the EHX B9 Organ Machine, the C9 delves deeper into the sonic territory of classic organs covering a vast array of memorable electric organ tones. The C9 has controls covering percussive attack level, modulation speed, and both organ and dry volume.
WARNING: Your C9 comes equipped with an Electro-Harmonix 9.6DC-200BI power supply (same as used by Boss® & Ibanez®: 9.6 Volts DC 200mA). The C9 requires 100mA at 9VDC with a center negative plug. Using the wrong adapter or a plug with the wrong polarity may damage your C9 and void the warranty.
Connect the supplied power adapter to the 9V power jack. Plug your instrument into the INPUT jack; connect your amp to the ORGAN OUTPUT jack. Set the DRY knob to minimum and all the other top row knobs to about mid position. Select the preset named TONE WHEEL and step on the footswitch to turn on the LED. Play your instrument and adjust controls to your liking. MOD controls modulation speed and CLICK controls percussive click level.
DRY VOLUME KNOB
Controls the volume of the untreated instrument at the ORGAN OUTPUT jack.
ORGAN VOLUME KNOB
Controls the overall volume of the ORGAN preset.
MOD controls the speed of modulation. Modulation can be completely turned off when MOD is set fully counterclockwise. The type of modulation is contingent on the preset selected. The different types of modulation available are vibrato, tremolo and chorus. See the preset descriptions for modulation type.
CLICK controls percussive click level. It was designed to simulate the harmonic percussion effect on classic B3 and C3 organs. The click is added to the very first note or chord played. The click will retrigger only when current notes have been released and their amplitude falls below a threshold. For most presets, CLICK controls parameters unique to the preset. See the preset descriptions for details.
Press the BYPASS Footswitch to toggle the C9 between buffered Bypass and Effect mode. The status LED lights when in Effect mode.
DRY OUTPUT JACK
DRY outputs the signal present at the INPUT Jack through a buffer circuit. The dry signal is outputted regardless if the C9 is in Effect or Bypass mode. The DRY Volume knob does not change the volume at the DRY Output jack.
ORGAN OUTPUT JACK
ORGAN outputs the mix set by the DRY and ORGAN controls.
1. Tone Wheel - Classic tone wheel-esque organ sound. MOD type: Chorus. CLICK sets level of click sound.
2. Prog – Paying homage to the massive sound of Keith Emerson of Emerson Lake and Palmer. MOD type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of two intervals: a fifth above and an octave below.
3. Compact - This preset imitates a sound similar to Ray Manzarek’s tone on the Door’s “Light My Fire.” MOD type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
4. Shimmer - This preset is based on an effect made popular by Brain Eno and Daniel Lanois. MOD adjusts the attack time. CLICK controls the sustain amount.
5. Lord Purple – Our salute to the Jon Lord-ish type organ sound of Deep Purple. The ORGAN level controls the level of one set of 3 drawbars. MOD Type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of a second set of 3 drawbars.
6. Mello Flutes – A tribute to the classic Mellotron flute tape sound of The Beatles’ song “Strawberry Fields Forever.” MOD Type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the depth of the vibrato.
7. Blimp - Led Zeppelin type sound. MOD Type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
8. Press Tone – EHX’s nod to the great organ sound found on The Beatles’ song “Let It Be.” MOD type: Chorus. CLICK sets level of click sound.
9. Telstar - Envisions the legendary sound of a Clavioline as used on The Tornadoes song “Telstar.” MOD Type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
Note: On presets 2, 3, 5 and 7; the CLICK knob is a volume control that works independently of the main ORGAN volume knob.
NOTES AND SPECIFICATIONS
• C9 has buffered bypass.
• Input impedance is 1M.
• Output impedance for both output jacks is 500.
• Current draw of the C9 is 100mA.
- WARRANTY INFORMATION -
Please register online at https://www.ehx.com/product-registration or complete and return the enclosed warranty card within 10 days of purchase. Electro-Harmonix will repair or replace, at its discretion, a product that fails to operate due to defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase. This applies only to original purchasers who have bought their product from an authorized Electro-Harmonix retailer. Repaired or replaced units will then be warranted for the unexpired portion of the original warranty term.
If you should need to return your unit for service within the warranty period, please contact the appropriate office listed below. Customers outside the regions listed below, please contact EHX Customer Service for information on warranty repairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-718-937-8300. USA and Canadian customers: please obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#) from EHX Customer Service before returning your product. Include with your returned unit: a written description of the problem as well as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and RA#; and a copy of your receipt clearly showing the purchase date.
United States & Canada
EHX CUSTOMER SERVICE
c/o NEW SENSOR CORP.
55-01 2ND STREET
LONG ISLAND CITY, NY 11101
13 CWMDONKIN TERRACE
SWANSEA SA2 0RQ
Tel: +44 179 247 3258
This warranty gives a purchaser specific legal rights. A purchaser may have even greater rights depending upon the laws of the jurisdiction within which the product was purchased.
To hear demos on all EHX pedals visit us on the web at www.ehx.com
Email us at email@example.com
- FCC COMPLIANCE -
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment under FCC rules.