Home Forums Help/Technical Questions ’77 (v2) small stone rate not changing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SutureSelf

I picked up a version 2 Small stone for the princely sum of $30 today. It works, but only at max speed. If I rotate the rate knob, nothing changes. Depth switch functions as intended. I opened the case to check things out and noticed a few things.mainly that someone had been in here before.
    1st: the terminal on the top right(close to the output jack) of the depth switch has no lead.
    Q: where does this lead go(picture would help)
    2nd:when i wiggle the electrolytic capacitor in the top right(under the IC) the rate will slow to its slowest setting, but not be adjusted by the rate knob still. Replaced w/ equal value cap and no change
    Q: is there supposed to be a bridge between the – side of this cap and the big blob of solder next to it?(again, pics help)
    3: If i cant fix it…does anyone want it?

main question: If i replaced the pot, and the Cap…why wont the rate knob change the speed?

SutureSelf

okay, i went to GGG and found the wiring layout for the switch. I hooked up the missing lead, problem persists. changed out the cap i believed to be faulty, now it is stuck on its slowest rate. Changed pot with a 1meg i grabbed at the Shack, problem persists.
    0504131601a.jpg

SutureSelf

bump for help please

SutureSelf

so…is there any more information i can offer to make the diagnosis easier?

EHX STAFF
    Keymaster

Contact info@ehx.com
    If its a vintage pedal they may give you a lead to fix it.
    Some of the vintage stuff was ALONG time ago!

Gristlepig

Isn’t the small stone supposed to use a reverse log pot?

I had this same problem with a sovtek small stone. I replaced the dodgy pot and noticed almost no sweep on 90% of the pot travel, then the last 10% went nuts!!!

It needs a reverse pot, wired in reverse. That way the sweep increases as the knob is turned CW.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.