Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 720 Looper Volume level

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robdog88
    Participant

Hi. I just purchased one of these EHX loopers. I’ve noticed that when I solo over a looped chord progression, even if I’ve got the level knob almost all the way down, it’s still too loud and clashes with my soloing more than I’d like. Any trick to getting the volume lower, aside from using a boost pedal in the effects loop for the solos?

Thanks.
    -Rob

Where do you have the 720 Looper in your signal chain? It sounds like you might have distortion or gain after the looper which could make it hard to set a good level out of the 720 Looper. If you can, try placing the 720 after any distortion or gain.

Robdog88
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I have my guitar cable going into a tuner pedal, which goes into an mxr micro amp plus booster, and then finally into the looper. No distortion after it, except for that coming from the amp’s gain channel. I also have a memory man in the amp’s FX loop.

Can you try the 720 in the FX loop, just to see what happens?

Robdog88
    Participant

Thanks Flick. That worked. The amp’s effects loop also has its own blend level knob, so between that and the level knob on the 720, I’m able to accomplish what I’m after as far as suitable volume. Strange that none of the online articles or youtube vids showcasing this pedal ever mention that it might work better for some in the fx loop.

Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.