Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 45000 play button footswitch discrepancy (please help!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    elijahmwells
    Participant

Hello,

On day three trying to figure out my new 45000, and I’m running into an issue where the play button state on the foot controller does not match the play button state on the desktop unit after I press it, but only about 20% of the time. Here’s the situation:

– I am running the pedal in beat-sync ext clock mode (ext clock flashing), with quantize on, and punch-in on. I’m sending midi clock to it from my MPC live.
    – I record one 8-bar loop. Throughout the song, I want to pause the loop and start it again (multiple times).
    – Most of the time, if I press the play button once, it stops as expected and the green light goes off, and if I press it again, it plays as expected and the green light goes back on.
    – But sometimes, I’ll press the play button (to stop playback) and the green light will go off on the desktop unit and it will stop, but the light will remain on on the footswitch. When this happens, no buttons on either the desktop unit or footswtich work. If I press the play button on the footswitch once or sometimes twice more, then the play buttons on both units become back in sync again and everything works.

This is very frustrating, because I’m not sure why it’s happening and all I’d like to be able to do is stop and start playback reliably. Right now, it’s Russian roulette whether the loop will actually stop/start when I want it to, which is obviously unacceptable in a live situation.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

(I also just updated the firmware, though not sure it was necessary since I only bought this pedal new a couple days ago.)

elijahmwells
    Participant

Edit: this same issue is also now happening with the Record button.

Most likely this is a bad 45000 Foot Controller. It might be worth changing the cable between the 45000 and its Foot Controller just to prove its not the cable. Otherwise, can you exchange the Foot Controller for a new one from the dealer?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.