Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 45000 MIDI Thru help

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joe_K

Continuing to figure out how to integrate the 45000 into my rig and I’ve hit a snag. MIDI commands are not making it THRU the unit unless the Ext.Clock feature is turned on (either of the 2 ON States). I need to have Internal Clock while the 45000, which I have configured to receive commands on Channel 9, passes all other MIDI Commands (PC and CC) from all other channels through.

Can you fill me on whether this should be working and what I might try? Right now, it is as simple as turning on Ext.Clock and THRU immediately works and turning off Ext.Clock stops messages from going THRU.

Thanks.

Joe_K

Does no one else experience this?

EHX STAFF
    Keymaster

Yes that is a problem and we are working to create a software update for that if we can.

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I created an account to ask a similar question.

Is there an update on this ?

Thanks!

Joe_K

Any update or plans to address this in a firmware?

I have a new request related to Ext Clock mode after having used my 45000 for a while. I configure most devices in my rig with MIDI commands at the start of a song. I need to have absolute control over the Ext Clock switch. Is it possible in the future that you can add a MIDI implementation in a CC that allows me to send a command using 3 ranges to access the 3 states of the Ext Clock function explicitly? The current implementation does a press on the button, but I can’t program a preset accurately without knowing what state the button is currently in.

Regards,
    Joe

eric_vermeer

Hy. Same Issue here. Are there any news on a firmware update or solution?

My Email to EHX Support: Is there a way to receive midi notes (from a midi keyboard) without “extern clock“ on? so the CC controls of my midi keyboard are received AND i can play my Synth with the keyboard. So the 45000 is clock master but receives and sends midi notes. in the manual, it´s saying it has „midi through“, but the synth only receives notes, when the „extern clock“ is on, but then it´s not playing (because it´s not receiving any clock i presume?!)

hope i explained myself right.

looking forward to hear from you!

thanks

Joe_K

Eric, the only answer I have right now for my own situation is to use a different device as the clock master so that I can leave the 45000 in EXT mode. I chose a Molten Voltage TEMPODE. There are others like that one. If your 45000 has saved loops at a specific tempo, then you’d also have to send commands to the TEMPODE to set it’s tempo to match.

I wish I didn’t have to go through all that, but I did find there are benefits. Being able to inject the MIDI Clock (and turn it off) and a tap tempo switch have come in handy.

eric_vermeer

Hey Joe.
    Ok, that`s an idea… a pretty good one too. :-) The benefitis are obvious.
    The only problem is financially. but i think, if there will be no other solution, this has to be the way to go.
    Thank you

norbertV
    Quote:
    Yes that is a problem and we are working to create a software update for that if we can.

Any progress on this? Is it even possible?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.