Home Forums Vintage EHX 3003 big muff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    danieldanger
    Participant

3293720243_2c7f7bcd90_o.jpg

so i picked this up off a dude on ebay who sold me the mistress. its got the box and everything and is in pretty great shape, sounds good and all. but im just curious, ive never seen one where the line below the Pi symbol is black? just curious what version im looking at. all the other 3003s ive seen have red there.

either way, sounds great.

Ned Flanders

Look to me like its been filled in with a marker, has it? or is it printed?

danieldanger
    Participant

defiantly not marker. just sort of a blurry photo.

Fender&EHX4ever

Very cool! Those 2 make a lovely pair.

Kitrae

Have you looked at the circuit board yet? Is it an early op-amp? I have never seen one with that line in black. They would have had to cut the art apart differently to make the black silk screen include that line. I have had some experience with industrial screen printing and we used to just cut the transparencies apart with an exacto knife and mount the individual parts on each color screen to burn in the art. It is an easy mistake to make.

Fender&EHX4ever

It should be the same circuit as the Ram’s Head, but with different graphics, judging by the On/Off switch. This one might be an early graphic before they finalized on the red line.

I almost bought a ’77 version 3 last night on eBay, but decided I didn’t really want another Big Muff Pi. It sold for $125.

Kitrae
    Quote:
    It should be the same circuit as the Ram’s Head, but with different graphics, judging by the On/Off switch. This one might be an early graphic before they finalized on the red line.

I almost bought a ’77 version 3 last night on eBay, but decided I didn’t really want another Big Muff Pi. It sold for $125.

Weren’t the first Version 3s made without the AC on the front graphic? This one has the AC shown, so I would assume it is a later one.

electro-melx

nice, the line above is usually red too…..maybe they were getting low on red ink that day!!

Ned Flanders

There’s 3003 opamp versions that look identical to this, you should open it up and post a photo of the PCB, I’ll be able to tell you which you have.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.