Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 looper, random static-like popping

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    diblet

curious if anyone else has experience this problem…

my 2880 looper randomly pops on playback. it is very much like static, quick tick sounds. sometimes it gets written to the loop, sometimes it is at different locations on playback. so it is intermittent and hard to track down.

i’ve been trying different power outlets to make sure it is not a grounding problem.

so far i have been able to make it disappear momentarily by using a different memory card, but i am not convinced that is the culprit yet…

Archileon
    Participant

That’s weird. It could very well be a memory problem if for some reason the chip wasn’t ‘writing’ the frequencies digitally correctly/fully. Then there would be small gaps in the playback, which digital components don’t handle well. If you ever send a program into “free space” they do some weird stuff. Also if you’re putting a lot of effects into the looper you could be exceeding the memory of the pedal, or forcing it to compress the file, possibly leaving bits of non-continuous data places, which would cause something like you’re hearing I think. If the new memory card fixes the problem, it could just be the old chip didn’t get completely wiped for some reason and was playing small bits of a past recording, so the got a weird transpose of data. That’s all just speculation, though.

Is it working fine still?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.