Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ajmcc
    Participant

I bought a 2880 less than a month ago and am having an issue with recording a constant drone. Everytime the loop cycles, it hiccups the drone. This seems rather silly for a looper, so I can’t imagine that its a known issue. I am going to do more test to make sure it isn’t user error, but I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Also, is there anyway to start recording a track and then somehow stop recording and reverse the track with one button push so that it stays in time?

Thanks.

julian

You might be able to do the reverse thing with midi, although there are latency issues, so I’m not sure. Why not record the track, let it play once through forward, then reverse it at the end of the bar?

ajmcc
    Participant

Letting it play once through doesn’t really suit my needs. I believe other loopers like the Echoplex can do it, but it might not be a feature of this particular product. I’m checking out the midi option. Have you recorded a seemless drone with the 2880?

julian

I don’t have one (yet) so I can’t comment on that. Though on my looper (SMMH) I have had some hiccups in drones. I think the thing is volume related. If you’ve got dynamics in your drone, the volume needs to be the same at the beginning and end. Unless your drone is the same volume throughout. Then I’m not sure what it could be.

ajmcc
    Participant

This is an actual slight pause rather than just a volume change. I’ll experiment more before I call it a bug. Thanks for your feedback.

echobaseone

You could try switching to track two to span the milliseconds gap. I’ve noticed this too. It seems worse when you’re recording and not quite so bad on playback. But there’s definitely SOMETHING.
    I’m wondering if this latency is actually a result of the footswitch rather than the 2880 itself. Have you tried it by hand?

WatsonWood
    Quote:
    I don’t have one (yet) so I can’t comment on that. Though on my looper (SMMH) I have had some hiccups in drones. I think the thing is volume related. If you’ve got dynamics in your drone, the volume needs to be the same at the beginning and end. Unless your drone is the same volume throughout. Then I’m not sure what it could be.

I don’t have a 2880 either, but encountered the same drone issue with my SMMH. I resolved it only by mixing the in-built reverb and some echo to my signal, then turning my volume pot on the guitar to zero just before hitting the record stop foot switch on the SMMH. The result was satisfying, even acceptable but not what I initially set out to do. But otherwise the drone loop sounded like a really badly spliced tape.
    I was hoping to hear that the 2880 was smooth. I have done drones on my #1 Echo with the feedback pot way up. The result was great for a while however the signal decays after some minutes and loses clarity. I have a Korg 500 Stage Echo which does endless seamless sound-on-sound tape looping. I thought the 2880 offered seamless looping too.
    So what’s up?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.