Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 Footswitch

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jclancy

Can you connect a third-party footswitch to the 2880 (say, the Behringer FCB1010) through MIDI? If not, are there other footswitches that have more buttons than the EHX one that connect via 1/4 inch? The 2880 does so many more things than six buttons can provide.
    Also, I want to use the 2880 live more, which it would be really good at seeing as it has four tracks, the mixdown, panning, octave, reverse, etc. However, I need a way to be able to mute or play different tracks from a footswitch. If I had 4 loops recorded but wanted to just play 1, then play 1 and 3, then play 2, could I do this? If so, how? If I were using my hands I’d just play everything and lower the faders on the tracks I didn’t want playing, but how could I do this with a footswitch? The FCB1010, as well as having a plethora of switches, has two expression pedals, if that is of any use.

freshchops

As far as I know, I don’t think a footswitch is available for that. That’s really the one thing I feel would be a vast improvement for the 2880, is an option to solo or mute each of the four tracks + one mix down track. I’d like to see what others think… any solutions?

Cryabetes
    Participant
    Quote:
    Can you connect a third-party footswitch to the 2880 (say, the Behringer FCB1010) through MIDI? If not, are there other footswitches that have more buttons than the EHX one that connect via 1/4 inch? The 2880 does so many more things than six buttons can provide.
    Also, I want to use the 2880 live more, which it would be really good at seeing as it has four tracks, the mixdown, panning, octave, reverse, etc. However, I need a way to be able to mute or play different tracks from a footswitch. If I had 4 loops recorded but wanted to just play 1, then play 1 and 3, then play 2, could I do this? If so, how? If I were using my hands I’d just play everything and lower the faders on the tracks I didn’t want playing, but how could I do this with a footswitch? The FCB1010, as well as having a plethora of switches, has two expression pedals, if that is of any use.

no dice on the fs.
    yeah the 2880 can’t do the loop swapping (play 1, then 1+3, then 2). you can mute tracks, kind of- just build a mute pedal (or, if you have an extra distortion pedal laying around, set everything to 0 and use that) and use the panning to control which output each loop goes to, recombine them later.
    also if you’re good with playing without shoes, it’s pretty easy to adjust the sliders with your feet (freeing up your hands).

what you’re describing with the FCB1010, you might almost be better off using ableton as a looper.

jclancy

I tried manipulating pedals with my feet once. It didn’t work. The muting-through-panning idea is good but then I only have two sets of loops. Very creative though, I’d never have thought of that.
    Maybe I can have an electrician (or a pedal modder) install mute switches for each track. That sounds very possible – they are just switches that interrupt the signal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.