Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 CF card and signal loss

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gloomy_orion

there is a 2880 in a resale shop near me that is selling a 2880 for cheap as it is “non-functional” and in need of repairs. when you play through it, there is no signal. Not just not recording or anything like that, like there is no signal, as in nothing gets to the amp, period.
    now my question, is this because there is no CF card in the slot?
    i hope the answer is yes so i can pick up a 2880 on the cheap and “fix” it by putting a card in it!
    thanks for any help i can get.

robotbegon

you can’t record without a CF card, but you should be able to hear the sound, just like being in the by-pass mode.

gloomy_orion

any clue as to what could be causing no signal (of which the onus in on the 2880)? would EHX fix it? any guesses to the repairs being more costly than it may be worth?
    thanks!

Brianzero
    Participant

Is there a light indicator on it to show it is on, maybe it could be as simple as a blown plug fuse.

gloomy_orion

it does power on.

echobaseone

is there any signal coming through the headphones? right output? make sure the dials are set to actually send signal through (if they are all set to pan right, i believe that no signal will come out the left output).
    also, i don’t know how much this place is asking for a non-functioning unit, but I recently saw a 2880 with footswitch for $300 on another equipment forum…so they ARE out there and going for a lot less than they used to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.