Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 2 days old and not working ! !

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Quote:
    Update:

I got a new flash card, formated it to 2880 spec. The 2880 does not read the card. After trying the new flash card, the original card that shipped with the 2880 will no longer read in the 2880 or in a PC CF card reader. So the unit is officially a paper weight.

I have found in another buried thread, a random post saying that EHX recommends “The San Disk Ultra II series” CF card. So I have ordered one of these, and will update this thread with my results.

It’s a serious downer that a great machine like the 2880 is laden with memory card issues. I am very disappointed, but will continue to try and solve this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-poly

What size is the new CF card that you bought? Did you format it for FAT16?

It does sound like your 2880 is defective, and the problem is more than just the CF card but the unit itself. If you cannot return/exchange it from where you bought it, you can send it in for a warranty repair. Contact Chip at poster@sovtek.com.

polyoptics

Hi,

The new card is 2gb formated FAT16, I tried with 32 and 64 allocation settings. I did read on this forum several posts regarding issues with some card types reading and some card types not reading. I am hoping that the original CF card was indeed shipped corrupted. The replacement I got was not the recommended type so that may explain its problems.

Before I return the 2880, I will wait to receive a new CF card (tomorrow) that was recommended by EHX. If this card does not read, I suppose my unit is damaged and I will return it.

Thanks for the help, I will keep updating this thread.

polyoptics

On a hunch I ordered another 2880 to compare the two. The new 2880 reads both of my CF cards and the original 2880 CF card just fine. The old 2880 does not read any CF cards. I am returning the old 2880 today.

I am super puzzled how the CF card reader could go bad from just sitting on the table, especially after reading so many posts about CF card problems.

Is there a design flaw in the 2880’s card reader?

Also, I noticed that it is possible to insert a CF card upside down into the 2880. A computer CF card slot uses the groves built on the side of the CF card to make it impossible to insert upside down, the 2880 doesn’t seem to do this, or not well enough anyway.

I have this bad feeling my new 2880 will not last. I do love the machine though!!

tleverso

I’ve had my 2880 for about a week now and today it would not respond to me clicking the NEW LOOP button. I hooked it up to my laptop and tried to access the card but it said that it was not formatted. After formatting to fat16 (fat normal) it works again. Problem solved. I hope this helps. It was a huge relief. I just bought this on ebay and wasn’t sure what I was going to do if it crapped out on me.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.