Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 22 Caliber Power Amp NEED HELP!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    cntry666
    Participant

I just bought this power amp and the manual says do not plug it into any pedals, however the video demo shows it plugged into a Big Muff. So, can you plug other pedals to it or what?

m0jo
    Quote:
    I just bought this power amp and the manual says do not plug it into any pedals, however the video demo shows it plugged into a Big Muff. So, can you plug other pedals to it or what?

You can plug the output of another pedal into the INPUT of the 22 Caliber.

DO NOT plug pedals into the OUPUT, where the cabinet should go!

That’s what they mean by that. In the video, the Big Muff is run before the 22 Cal.

electro-melx

Thanks mojo, yeah exactly …. you can run pedals into the amp, but if you run the amp into a pedal it will probably kill it as the output is designed to be run into a speaker (using a speaker cable) treat it as you would any other amplifier.

cntry666
    Participant

Well damn that’s what I thought. Just didn’t want to blow anything up. Did I mention this amp sounds great? It’s amazing.

m0jo
    Quote:
    Thanks mojo, yeah exactly …. you can run pedals into the amp, but if you run the amp into a pedal it will probably kill it as the output is designed to be run into a speaker (using a speaker cable) treat it as you would any other amplifier.

NP, I think the manual is clear enough about it .. but yeah.

electro-melx
    Quote:
    Well damn that’s what I thought. Just didn’t want to blow anything up. Did I mention this amp sounds great? It’s amazing.

cool, I’ve not heard it ‘in person’ yet…what speaker are you running it into?

cntry666
    Participant

I’m actually using an Epiphone Valve Jr. Cab. I’m trying to keep my set up super tiny. I just got rid of all my big amps because in a real club situation most sound guys would not even let me get louder than 3. Small amps cranked sound much better. The 22 Caliber even breaks up like a tube amp as you crank it but it’s got tons of clean headroom which none of the amps I owned had. I’ve owned Fender’s, Marshalls and Vox and I think this sound coupled with a few pedals really sounds best.

MING

cntry555, what Marshall, Fender and Vox amps have you owned? I just want to get a reference point. Thanks

m0jo

cntry777, do you actually only play clean or use some kind of dirt in front of it?

cntry666
    Participant

I play pretty clean and then use a Big Muff or vintage Vox overdrive for leads. I almost like to get it right where it is about to break so you get the sustain but it’s still clean. These other amps like the Orange Tiny Terror or Valve Jr. are great but they get muddy really quickly. If Fender would make a portable Bandmaster or Deluxe head I’d be in heaven.

cntry666
    Participant

Oh, regarding the post of what amps I’ve owned. Vox AC15, Marshall 40 watt tube amp (made in the 80’s) I think it was a JTM and a Fender Princeton and Champ. I’ve played just about every amp you can think of in the studio and I had a friend that used to work for Budda so I’ve played all the tube amps you can think of. I’m not really a tube snob though. In some of the clubs around town I’ve gotten away with a Vox Pathfinder practice amp. If they are not going to let you crank the amp what’s the point?

Andy
    Participant

So is there any chance you could post a clip of this pedals clean tone? I’m really interested to see what it sounds like. As a kid about to leave for college, this pedal would make an incredible dorm amp.

cntry666
    Participant

check out the demo here. It’s the very last one they show but the other pedals are great too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM0mwiIqTP4

oresthus

:metal: hey guys, this amp rocks!!! just wanted to know one thing before i get one from a music store here, ive been meaning to ask someone or any simple schematics/connections…. so here it is:

“GUITAR—-> 22 CALIBER

> CABINET/SPEAKER”

its simple right? some questions though

1. what powers 22 caliber? battery? EHX Adaptor (of coarse), any adaptor (alternative ex. Boss or ZOOM negative inside)?
    2. Type of Speakers… (ohms?) headphones maybe?
    3. do i need to plug in my cabinet for power supply? or just connect it and the amp will power my speakers?

thanks, hope to get answers from you guys…(im just a newbie on this sort of things, just graduated from acoustic guitar….now its time to rock!!!) hehehe..peace!!!

B.Daws
    Participant
    Quote:
    1. what powers 22 caliber? battery? EHX Adaptor (of coarse), any adaptor (alternative ex. Boss or ZOOM negative inside)?
    2. Type of Speakers… (ohms?) headphones maybe?
    3. do i need to plug in my cabinet for power supply? or just connect it and the amp will power my speakers?

1. Comes with a power supply
    2. Works on any 4, 8, or 16 ohm cabinet.
    3. The amp powers the cabinet. (This amp is just like a head unit in a pedal) Your wording in this makes me wonder if you understand much about amps/cabs, maybe you should read up on it.

All of these answers are in the manual, RTFM! ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.