Home Forums Tips, Tricks, Clips, and Pics 2 2880’s, 1 footswitch, and an ABY pedal…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    owenadam

Would this work? Specifically, controlling two 2880s via one foot controller by splitting the signal through an ABY splitter

The purpose being to have access to more tracks and more instruments, using the ‘Y’ setting on the splitter to set the loop length, and then using A and B settings to individually control the two 2880s.

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

julian

I could see there possibly being a problem with the Y setting.

I’m not exactly sure how the foot controller works, so you might want to email EHX (info@ehx.com) and ask them about the technical details.

The way I think it works is that on one of connections the 2880 supplies it with voltage, on the other one it sends messages to the 2880.

I’m thinking you don’t want to screw up the voltage, but I’m sure there’s a way to do it.

ghost

I’m using a channel switcher a/b between my hog and my 2880. Works perfectly!

What I’m wondering is… Is the a way to sync 2 2880s and one be half time of the other?
    Or would midi sync make all 8 loops the same length.

What are you doing with your 2 2880s?

ghost

Oh and to answer your question… It will work. Just get 1 in a/ b out channel switcher…

owenadam

Awesome!
    Right now I’ve only got one 2880 which I use with a Paul and a Kaoscillator. Ideally I’d like to get another to throw my Micron and a vocal mic in as well. Mostly poppy electronic stuf.
    This is a demo ep I made with the 2880, Kaos, Paul, Graphic Fuzz and a Marshall Reverb
    http://electriclightning.squarespace.com/summer-2002-ep/

Thanks for all your help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.