Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 1440 losing external clock?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RickFior
    Participant

Hello looper people,

I am syncing my 1440 to a Beatbuddy, where the Beatbuddy is the master MIDI clock. Everything works well for the most part. However, randomly during playback after recording a loop the 1440 goes into a wacky mode where it is like the tempo is lost and it slows down the loop so it is out of sync to the Beatbuddy.

Has anyone seen this before? Am I missing something?

I am migrating from a different vendors looper with this configuration and have not seen this problem. I mention this because it is unique to the 1440 for me.

I am using the latest 1440 firmware.

Thanks,
    Rick

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by RickFior.

Can you confirm for us that your 1440 has version 0.57? It will display the version number during boot up.

Also can you tell us what BPM the Beat Buddy is set to when this occurs?

RickFior
    Participant

Hello, thanks for the response.

Yes, V0.57 at looper boot up.

The BPM on the Beat Buddy was 98 BPM, this is a 4/4 time signature song.
    As an aside, I do have some songs with odd values 87 BPM etc….not sure that matters.

It has happened in other songs although I don’t recall which ones so I cannot give you all the tempo instances. I will be mindful going forward.

I am running with the external clock set to XT4B for the looper for my 4/4 time signature songs.

Thanks,
    Rick

The tempo ranges you’re working with: 87-98 BPM are totally fine. We just wanted to know where you were working, approximately, as far as tempo goes.

We’re not really sure what’s going wrong here, it sounds like the 1440 is missing MIDI clock messages. It could be a bad MIDI cable or a bad MIDI connector on one of the units.

Any chance you could send us a video of the failure so we can see what’s going on?

RickFior
    Participant

Yes, I can try to get video. It is very intermittent…I can try a different MIDI cable as well to see if that causes the problem to disappear.

Thanks,
    Rick

RickFior
    Participant

I replaced my MIDI cable and I have not had the issue since. Thank you!
    -Rick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.