Home Forums Ideas / Suggestions / Feedback 1440 ideas for electronic jam use.

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    krikor
    Participant

Hi

I bought a 1440 and I sold my 45000. I wanted a lighter solution, keeping the EHX looping style, I must say I do regret as I find out it doesn’t act at all like my good old 45k. I feel this looper is meant for guitarists, I’m more on the experimental and electronic side.
    Three major points I noted and for which I was hoping we could have some hidden options in the future:
    #1 The dry input cannot be silence; this is a big issue when using the looper as a send return on a mixer like a Pioneer DJM series, where you can only choose one source as send. It results in big audio-level bursts. It would be great to have a dry/wet option or just a wet level with no dry.
    #2 The overdub/replace is waiting for the cycle to resolve when in replace full counterclockwise. This prevents from doing any “patchwork” looping.
    this is an essential function on the 45k; it would great to be able to select this behavior in the menu setting.
    #3 the new loop function require to do a series of push buttons which can be ok when controlling it with your feet but are a total waste of time when working on a table where speed is essential. It would also be great to be able to set up the buttons for a faster new loop recording launch, especially without having to stop the playback but instead, wait for the new record to start at the resolution of the loop or instantly.
    is there any way some options could be implemented so the 1440 acts more like the 45000?

thanks

krikor
    Participant

I had another shot at it for a show and it was a total nightmare. I also read other user feedback and I doubt EHX will ever change anything on this model. If you are into more experimental use of the looper, forget this model.

ChristopherGarza
    Participant

I also heard that this model is more suitable for musicians who play on the experimental and electronic side.

krikor
    Participant

Which model?
    The 1440 is a nightmare, I forgot to add that there is no clipping indicator too. How convenient for an electronic jam. And it clips really rapidly. And of course you cannot set its input level.

topstik
    Participant

I understand that you recently purchased the EHX 1440 looper as a replacement for your 45000, but you are not satisfied with its functionality. You have identified three major issues that you believe would make the looper more suitable for your experimental and electronic music needs.

Firstly, you have noticed that the dry input cannot be silenced, which is problematic when using the looper as a send return on a mixer like the Pioneer DJM series. You suggest that having a dry/wet option or just a wet level with no dry would be ideal.

Secondly, you have found that the overdub/replace function on the 1440 is waiting for the cycle to resolve when in replace full counterclockwise, which prevents you from doing any “patchwork” looping. You mention that this is an essential function on the 45000, and it would be great to be able to select this behavior in the menu setting.

Lastly, you have mentioned that the new loop function on the 1440 requires a series of button presses, which is a waste of time when working on a table where speed is essential. You suggest that it would be great to be able to set up the buttons for a faster new loop recording launch, especially without having to stop the playback but instead, wait for the new record to start at the resolution of the loop or instantly.

While I am a language model and do not have the ability to implement changes to the 1440 looper, I suggest reaching out to EHX customer support and expressing your concerns. They may have suggestions on how to improve the functionality of the looper or may even take your feedback into account for future updates or models.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.