Home Forums Ideas / Suggestions / Feedback 1440 Looper auto time signature

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RickFior
    Participant

Hi there!

I just purchased a 1440 looper. It is a really nice looper, simple to operate, sounds great!

I am currently syncing the looper as a slave to a Beat Buddy as the master MIDI clock and all is well (Start, Stop , Tempo all work great).

What would be nice is if the 1440 Looper could figure out the time signature on its own via the midi stream versus me having to tell it is a 3/4 versus 4/4 time signature for example. I am coming from the Boomerang world and that looper was able to just work with multiple time signature and no intervention from me. My use case is I have 100’s of songs I gig with and having to either bend over and set the correct EXTCLK mode OR program every song with the correct EXTCLK MIDI message to send to the looper is tedious.

Anyway, I hope you give it some thought.

Thanks,
    Rick Fiorentino

julian

Oh definitely. I’d love if it would just loop to the nearest beat. So then I could make a 3, 4, 5, 7 or however many beat loop I want. Same thing for the start. Just let me start when I want and sync me to the nearest beat. Don’t force me to start on the 1.

Relating to MIDI, I really would love some CC controls for making remote adjustments from my MIDI controller/FX looper

Wanderson Bomfim
    Participant

Hi, Rick.

Could you help me, please? I am new with the beatbuddy and 1440. How can I sync the beatbuddy as a master MIDI clock? I tried but it is not working at all.

Thanks!!!

RickFior
    Participant

Wanderson,

Hello! I am sorry I no longer use the 1440. With that said, you would take the MIDI out from the Beatbuddy breakout cable and connect it to MIDI connector on the 1440. Make sure the Ext Clk button is “on” on the 1440. Make sure the external clock mode is either XT4B (external clock and 4 beats per measure) or XT3B (external clock and 3 beats per measure depending on your song (see page 10 of the manual if this is not clear) on the 1440. AT this point make sure the Beatbuddy is configured to output MIDI clock and start and stop messages. These options are located under the MIDI settings on the Beatbuddy. This is off the top of my head….best of luck.

-Rick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.