Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 1440 Firmware Update V0.57 – Improved MIDI Clock Sync Stability, MIDI Control

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    bingodingo
    Participant

Hello Everyone! Just wanted to bump this firmware thread! I’m having a blast midi mapping with the midi baby 3. I’ve tried to get retrigger midi mapped to work and got in from the program control message but every time I click it on it creates an audible pop in the loop playback. Also, I’m not sure if this is a known issue but sometimes when I click on the reverse there’s a very quiet audible pop that happens. It only happens at random intervals. I’m guessing it could be related to clicking in the middle of a transient in the loop. Not sure if there’s a way to fix that in the firmware.

I have it set up in stereo and using headphones which may be the reason I can detect the pops. Anyway, it’s nothing major but definitely something that could be fixed.

Thanks to everyone in this thread, definitely helped inspire me to purchase this pedal.

Take care,

Kevin

For audible clicks and pops that you’re hearing, do they only occur when initiated these commands with MIDI messages, or do they also occur when you press the button or footswitch local to the 1440?

By the way, we should be releasing 1440 firmware version 0.59 by end of next week.

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

great! looking forward!

bingodingo
    Participant

Trying it now and it happens with midi and within the pedal fx switch. It’s a very tiny pop. and happens intermittently. I’m also triggering the reverse at intervals of the loop where transients are happening. Not sure if it’s possible to fix that. Seems maybe a short fade could be applied to signal once the reverse button is pressed as a solution? Also could be a user error. Anyway stoked for the update!!

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

@Flick does the 1440 app works on MacOs Ventura 13.0? When I connect my 1440 to my macbook and open the app, I can’t connect to the pedal.

We have tested the 1440 app on Ventura and it did work fine for us. Do you have the latest version of he app installed? Did you try running the software update just in case?

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

I tried to downgrade to 1.0, and it worked again! Then updated to 1.0.49 and it didn’t work. I also tried to run it with Rosetta, but same problem.
    I will try again later. Btw any news about the new firmware?

Interesting, so version 1.0 of the 1440 app works for you on Ventura but not 1.0.49?

We found a couple bugs and UI issues with the firmware update during the last round of testing. So we’re currently fixing all the issues. That will probably set us back about a week.

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

I tried to totally erase the app from my computer and installed again the 1.0.49: same, I can’t import the loops stored on 1440. I instal 1.0… it works!

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

Any news about firmware 0.59 release?

Yes, actually we’re going to release 0.60. As of this morning we finished our testing and will now send it out to be put up on the server. This is usually takes a couple of days.

Gila_Crisis
    Participant

Great! I just updated my 1440 right now!! Thanks a lot!!!

That’s great to hear! I will post the text from the Read Me for the update soon.

1440 Firmware Version 0.60 is now available. Use the EHX1440 app to update your 1440. Here’s what is in the update:

Electro-Harmonix 1440 Version 0.60 Release Notes
    May 3, 2023

1. Added three new MIDI PC messages:
    a. PC 71 – Play function: always initiates the PLAY function unless the loop is empty. As long as audio is found in the currently selected loop bank, and no matter the current mode, sending PC71 will put the 1440 into play mode. PC71 does not start an overdub, record, or stop playback.

b. PC 72 – Record/Dub function: always initiates the REC or OVERDUB function. 1440 will choose the correct function based on the current state. On an empty loop, PC 72 starts a recording. PC 72 starts an overdub on a playing loop, or immediately starts overdub/play on a stopped loop. During a new recording, PC 72 will close the loop and put the 1440 into overdub.

c. PC 128 – Direct Loop Erase. Immediately erases the loop of the currently selected loop bank, with no extra confirmation. The loop must be stopped for PC 128 to work. Caution! Once the loop is erased, it is gone forever, this function cannot be undone.

2. Bug fix: fixed a bug where MIDI PC messages 32 (RV.OC) and 33 (STOP) would change the function of the STOP/FX footswitch; now these two PC messages only perform their respective commands and leave the STOP footswitch setting as it was.

3. Bug fix: occasionally the LOOP footswitch would not queue playback in EXT CLK mode. This is reliably working now.

4. Bug fix: repeated PC/CC messages wouldn’t be processed while in EXT CLK mode with a MIDI Clock signal running to the 1440. The PC/CC messages are no longer ignored in this scenario.

5. Bug fix: a fade would be incorrectly applied to the start of a loop if the user had the overdub knob set to anything less than 100% and went directly into playback from recording an initial loop.

6. Bug fix: improved support for MIDI devices that use running status for PC and CC messages.

7. Bug fix: changing a loop with the rotary encoder or MIDI message during an initial loop recording would not properly switch the 1440 to the new loop.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.