Home Forums Review Your EHX Gear #1 echo

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    chisa
    Participant

it was ok, but the controls were a bit of a nuisance as the useful delay times were all bunched up around a certain small area and there was a volume drop issue. and i didn’t like the case and the screws which were cheap and threaded the second time i took them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59cadch9RzU

Fender&EHX4ever

Does it run on a 9v battery, or is it AC powered only?

electro-melx

ac powered only I presume…they give you a power supply with it.

so no reason to take the screws out?

if you do….try not to cross thread them when you put them back in!! :freak: (yes it’s possible, I’ve never messed any of mine up and I own many xo’s and nano’s.)

Fender&EHX4ever
    Quote:

So the #1 Echo sounds like EHX’s response to the need for a compact delay pedal that can be powered on a daisy chain? It seems like such a basic pedal by EHX standards – no bells, whistles, hazarai, OTT features, etc.

electro-melx
    Quote:
    Quote:

So the #1 Echo sounds like EHX’s response to the need for a compact delay pedal that can be powered on a daisy chain? It seems like such a basic pedal by EHX standards – no bells, whistles, hazarai, OTT features, etc.

I guess so…..it’s a basic ‘analogue sounding’ digital delay.

chisa
    Participant
    Quote:

unless you want to attach it to a board

and it doesn’t sound very analogue, i don’t know why they made this pedal really

julian

I’ve never had a problem with the screws threading out on my EHX pedals. . . maybe you got unlucky. Though the screws are a bit too big to fit through bike chain.

Which reminds me, I need to get a new power drill so I can widen the holes in some bike chain so I don’t have to wedge it in there like I’ve been doing.

electro-melx
    Quote:
    Quote:

unless you want to attach it to a board

I’d recommend using some slightly longer screws if you are doing that, by putting bike links between the screws and the hole you are effectively shortening the screw, thus running the risk of stripping out the threads in the case when you tighten them down, because not enough of the screw is in the casing…..either that or counter sink your bike links!

julian

my bike chain links aren’t wide enough to fit XO enclosure screws

maybe I should get some different sized ones

I dunno

maybe I should just drill them out.

I just take the ones that are on every other link that aren’t flat and kind of wedge them in there then tighten it up. It works decently well, but it is a PITA to do.

Chumley
    Participant

I’m quite close to buying one of these. For its price range, is it good compared to other manufacturers?

Royal8

Got one for Christmas.
    Love it!

electro-melx
    Quote:
    Got one for Christmas.
    Love it!

nice, can you tell us a bit more about it when you’ve had a little more time with it. :thumb:

feel free to start your own review thread about it too if you’d like. :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.