The PLATFORM is a sophisticated, professional stereo compressor limiter that includes volume swell and tape reverse, plus overdrive. It’s powerful for studio or post production work, yet compact enough to take to a gig!
CLICK HERE to download a PLATFORM suggested starter settings sheet.
To suggest a video, send email to:
- Studio-quality compressor/limiter lets the user precisely tune dynamics regardless of the instrument or situation.
- The compressor/limiter includes a full complement of controls: Volume, Attack, Release and Sustain, plus pushbuttons for Hard or Soft Knee and the Limiter.
- Foot-switchable overdrive section adds versatility and includes dedicated controls for Volume, Tone and Drive. Together with the compressor it produces a sound that’s saturated, smooth and slippery.
- Adjustable Swell function creates bowed, fade in and reverse effects.
- True stereo operation, can be used as Mono In and Out, Mono In and Stereo Out, or Stereo In and Stereo Out.
- Features a three color, eight LED compression meter that displays the compressor’s actual gain reduction in real-time.
- Stereo buffered bypass that’s great for keeping your signal pristine with multiple pedal setups and long cable runs.
- EHX 9.6VDC-200mA power supply included
- Current Draw: 125mA @ 9VDC
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0(w) x 4.75(l) x 2.25(h)
Electro-Harmonix announces the Platform pedal, a fully-featured stereo compressor/limiter that also includes an overdrive section and volume swell function. EHX Founder, Mike Matthews, stated: “The Platform is powerful for studio or post production work, yet compact enough to take to a gig.”
The Platform’s compressor/limiter enables the user to precisely tune their instrument’s dynamics and provides controls for Volume, Attack, Release and Sustain plus pushbuttons for Hard or Soft Knee and the Limiter. Its foot-switchable overdrive section adds to the pedal’s versatility with dedicated controls for Volume, Tone and Drive. (Volume) swell is controlled by a dedicated knob. As it’s turned clockwise swell increases from zero and notes fade in more gradually.
The Platform is equipped for true stereo operation and can be used as Mono In and Out, Mono In and Stereo Out, or Stereo In and Stereo Out. The pedal includes a three color, bar graph, LED array with eight LEDs that display the compressor’s actual gain reduction in real-time; they act in opposite to a VU meter. The Platform Stereo Compressor/Limiter comes with an EHX9.6-200mA power supply.
Get this limited-edition Day-Glo poster of the original 1968 art that inspired the Electro-Harmonix logo!
Mike Matthews stated: “The image on our Flashback Poster is of the original artwork that inspired the famous Electro-Harmonix logo. I think players who dig our pedals will also enjoy the chance to own a piece of EHX memorabilia.”
Did you know that Electro-Harmonix makes many of the world's greatest vacuum tubes? The next time you need to re-tube your guitar, bass, or hi-fi amp, be sure to insist on getting authentic Electro-Harmonix tubes.
Our new EHX Strings Electro-Harmonix electric guitar strings are custom-designed to our specifications and made in the USA by a premiere string manufacturer. Each wound string is precision wrapped with round nickel-plated steel onto a high carbon, hexagon-shaped steel core. The plain strings are made from the same high carbon steel as the hex cores. The high quality steel and computer controlled winding process results in strings that intonate accurately, are better at staying in tune and vibrate evenly for maximum sustain.