The Battalion Bass Preamp and DI is a compact, flexible pedal that delivers powerful tone shaping capabilities in a rugged pedalboard-friendly package. The Battalion is loaded with features that will appeal to tone conscious bass players and includes a four-band equalizer, fully-featured MOSFET distortion section with three signal path options, a compressor, a noise gate and comprehensive I/O.
To suggest a video, send email to:
- Four-band EQ tailored specifically for bass guitar. Includes controls for Bass (below 200Hz), Lo Mid (boost/cut at 280Hz Mid (boost/cut at 750Hz) and Treble (boost/cut above 2kHz).
- The Battalion’s distortion section delivers an awesome array of distorted bass sounds.
- Distortion section features Level, Blend, Drive and Tone controls plus a dedicated footswitch.
- Three signal flow modes yield unique tonal variations. Pre EQ, distortion comes before EQ. Post EQ, distortion comes after EQ and Dry EQ, only the dry signal mixed in with the Blend control is affected by the EQ
- Compressor with dedicated pushbutton, amount control and LED adds thump and sustain to your bass sound
- Noise Gate with adjustable threshold control eliminates noise and hum while preserving your attack and original tone
- Flexible I/O allows the Battalion to fit perfectly in any bass rig or application
- ¼" input jack includes switchable 10dB pad
- Includes a headphone ready ¼" output jack plus a hardwired ¼" dry output jack
- Balanced XLR output for use as a DI. The DI features dedicated level, bypass and ground lift controls
- The Battalion features all-analog circuitry and comes with an EHX9.6DC-200mA AC adapter
Electro-Harmonix announces the Battalion Bass Preamp and DI for bass equipped with a four-band equalizer, fully-featured MOSFET distortion section with three signal path options, a compressor, a noise gate and comprehensive I/O.
The pedal’s four-band EQ section includes Bass (below 200Hz), Lo Mid (boost/cut at 280Hz), Hi Mid (Boost/cut at 750Hz) and Treble (boost/cut above 2kHz) controls. Its Distortion section is equipped with Level, Blend, Drive and Tone controls plus a dedicated footswitch. Three signal flow modes determine where the distortion is applied within the signal chain and each delivers unique tonal variations. They are: Pre EQ, where the distortion comes before the EQ. Post EQ, where the distortion comes after the EQ and Dry EQ where only the dry signal mixed in with the Blend control is affected by the EQ.
The Battalion’s compressor is engaged via pushbutton and includes a level control and blue LED. The pedal’s Gate knob sets the threshold for the noise gate while the -10dB Pad Button lets the pedal accommodate basses with both active and passive pickups.
The Battalion includes a ¼" input jack , a ¼" output jack that is headphone ready, ¼" dry output and a balanced XLR output for use as a DI. The DI features dedicated level, bypass and ground lift controls.
The Battalion features all-analog circuitry and comes with an EHX9.6DC-200mA AC adapter.
Get this limited-edition Day-Glo poster of the original 1968 art that inspired the Electro-Harmonix logo!
Mike Matthews stated: “The image on our Flashback Poster is of the original artwork that inspired the famous Electro-Harmonix logo. I think players who dig our pedals will also enjoy the chance to own a piece of EHX memorabilia.”
Did you know that Electro-Harmonix makes many of the world's greatest vacuum tubes? The next time you need to re-tube your guitar, bass, or hi-fi amp, be sure to insist on getting authentic Electro-Harmonix tubes.
Our new EH Strings allow you to capture every nuance of your playing style with lightning fast playability. Made of a pure nickel wrap with a specially-selected stainless steel, these sweet-sounding round wounds are truly like no other strings you've played. Not only do they last longer and stay in tune longer, but we think they're the best sounding strings ever made. Available in 9s, 10s and 11s.