Bass guitars possess a huge dynamic range and produce powerful low frequencies. Designed for and by bassists, this compact compressor/sustainer features fully adjustable controls that can subtly transform the dynamic qualities of a bass guitar or take them to the extreme. From transparently leveling out notes so they sit in a track to creating an intensely squashed sound, the Bass Preacher helps spread the gospel of great bass tone!
To suggest a video, send email to:
- Compact compressor designed especially for bass guitar
- Input sensitivity ranges from -10 dBu to +2 dBu making it a perfect fit for both passive and active basses of varying output levels
- Maximum gain reduction of 21 dB, with enough make-up gain to return your signal to full volume at maximum sustain (compression)
- Attack toggle switch changes the timing of the onset of compression and provides three selectable settings: Fast, Medium and Slow
- True bypass for maximum signal path integrity when in bypass mode
- Tough, compact die-cast package
- 9-Volt battery included, also accepts optional EHX 9.6VDC-200mA power supply
- Current Draw: 33mA @ 9VDC
- Dimensions in inches: 2.75(w) x 4.5(l) x 2(h)
- Dimensions in mm: 70(w) x 115(l) x 51(h)
Submissions to EHX.com
Do you have something that you'd like to share with the Electro-Harmonix community? (a tip on getting a great sound, a cool site, a video, or whatever?) Please send your
Get this limited-edition Day-Glo poster of the original 1968 art that inspired the Electro-Harmonix logo!
Mike Matthews stated: “The image on our Flashback Poster is of the original artwork that inspired the famous Electro-Harmonix logo. I think players who dig our pedals will also enjoy the chance to own a piece of EHX memorabilia.”
Did you know that Electro-Harmonix makes many of the world's greatest vacuum tubes? The next time you need to re-tube your guitar, bass, or hi-fi amp, be sure to insist on getting authentic Electro-Harmonix tubes.
Our new EHX Strings Electro-Harmonix electric guitar strings are custom-designed to our specifications and made in the USA by a premiere string manufacturer. Each wound string is precision wrapped with round nickel-plated steel onto a high carbon, hexagon-shaped steel core. The plain strings are made from the same high carbon steel as the hex cores. The high quality steel and computer controlled winding process results in strings that intonate accurately, are better at staying in tune and vibrate evenly for maximum sustain.