Nice one EHX!
Now, Superego+ plus the 8 Step? What will happen?
Pure sonic mayhem since it appears that you can simultaneously control every control via CV with the expression presets and you can also gate the effect via the footswitch jack.
SETTING EXPRESSION PEDAL PRESETS
Program and save EXP pedal presets by executing the following steps:
1. Insert an expression pedal into the EXP jack.
2. Tap the EFFECT footswitch, if necessary, to ensure that the effects are off.
3. Press and hold the EFFECT footswitch for more than one second. The green Effects LED will start to blink.
4. Release the EFFECT footswitch.
5. Set the expression pedal to heel-down and set the 7 controllable knobs (ATTACK, DECAY, RATE, DEPTH, THRESHOLD, LAYER and GLISS) to the desired heel-down setting.
6. Put the expression pedal in toe-down position and set the same 7 knobs to the desired toe-down setting. If you do not want a knob to change with the expression pedal then do not turn it during this step.
7. NOTE: The expression pedal must be placed into the heel-down and toe-down positions at least once during preset acquisition.
8. Press and hold the EFFECT footswitch.
9. The Effects LED will flash red to confirm that a preset has been saved. The Red LED will only light with an expression pedal plugged into the EXP jack.
10. Release the EFFECT footswitch, the red LED goes solid. The solid red LED indicates that an expression pedal preset has been saved and is active.
MORE ABOUT EXPRESSION PEDAL PRESETS
• To exit programming an expression pedal preset without saving changes, press and release the EFFECT footswitch at any time before step 8 in the above procedure.
• When a preset is active, turning any of the 7 control knobs will save that knob’s new setting as both the heel-down and toe-down setting. The EFFECTS LED will flash red for half a second and then remain lit solid.
• To erase a preset, make sure the EFFECTS are off. Press and hold the EFFECTS footswitch for 5 seconds. After one second the green LED will begin flashing. After 5 seconds the green LED will flash quickly. Release the EFFECTS footswitch and the preset will be cleared. The EFFECTS LED will light green and the expression pedal controls the default parameter.
Question for EHX:
“When a preset is active, turning any of the 7 control knobs will save that knob’s new setting as both the heel-down and toe-down setting. The EFFECTS LED will flash red for half a second and then remain lit solid.”
Say I have a preset and I change one knob in this fashion then switch away and come back. Will that change still be in effect or was it temporary?
Also. . . is there a way to switch to the FX default expression setting without erasing the preset?