8 Step Program
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-05-18
Posted: 18 May 2017 10:42 AM

I just got an 8 Step Program and I’m running it with a Pitchfork and between those two pedals and the Hazarai down stream, I’m getting some pretty lush, rhythmic, and far out sounds.  I’d really like to incorporate it into my recordings with the drum synth I use on my phone.  Is there a simple, relatively inexpensive way to assign a bpm to the 8 Step?

I am pretty ignorant and new to this side of music…recording, sequencers, drum machines, etc (for the longest time it was just an acoustic and a beer, dig?).  I’ve done some reading about MIDI and CV gates, and I’m not sure which direction to go and at this point I have all the gear I need to make the recordings I currently want to make, so just a metronome I can use to regulate the 8 Step would be perfect.  Does such a thing exist?

thanks y’all

-Buck Nature

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana

Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  681
Joined  2011-02-22
Posted: 18 May 2017 04:41 PM | Link to this reply (#1)

You should be able to just connect a midi cable to the 8 step midi and the other end to the drum machine midi out.
please see “Syncing to MIDI Clock “on page 7 of the manual:
http://www.ehx.com/assets/instructions/8-step-program.pdf

Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-05-18
Posted: 18 May 2017 04:58 PM | Link to this reply (#2)

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I’m not using a drum machine, but just putting together drum beats on the GarageBand app on my phone. I record all my guitar parts (through your awesome pedals!!) with a zoom 16 track recorder, dump them into Audacity,  import the drum beats, etc.

I looked into Audacity a bit to see if I could send a tempo to the 8 step from there via a midi to USB cord. Did some google searches. That’s where I’m at.

Edited: 18 May 2017 05:02 PM by Buck Nature

-Buck Nature

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana

Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  681
Joined  2011-02-22
Posted: 18 May 2017 05:44 PM | Link to this reply (#3)

Sorry
I know nothing about the program you use to record. Might be hard unless you can sync a tempo to your recording and have that spit midi clock out to the 8 step out…
The head engineer is out until next week he may have an idea.
I will forward the link to him.

RSS 2.0 Atom Feed