We are very pleased to inform you that Mike Matthews has been nominated for Vintage Guitar Magazine’s Hall of Fame. The category is “Innovators” and this is an unabashed solicitation for you to cast your vote for Mike, a guy who truly is one of the most innovative characters in the music equipment biz.
A hollow boast? Hardly! Here is a short list of just some of the innovations Mike Matthews has been responsible for in his career at the helm of Electro-Harmonix:
- First product to introduce the age of overdrive: LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
- First portable, battery powered, guitar amp; Freedom Amp
- First to introduce feedback with a phase shifter: Bad Stone
- First electronic flanger: Electric Mistress
- First with an analog delay: Memory Man
- First inexpensive digital delay: 2 Second Digital Delay
- First to pioneer an electronic looper: the 16 Second Digital Delay
- First to introduce inexpensive sampling: Instant Replay, then the Super Replay
In Mike’s 45 year history of relentless product innovation, he’s also been responsible for iconic effects pedals like the Big Muff Pi and the POG2 Polyphonic Octave Generator. More recently, he continues to redefine the landscape of effects with products like the Freeze Sustainer, Ravish Sitar Pedal, Superego Synth Engine and the ground-breaking Crying Tone Wah Pedal with no moving parts. His successful battles against violent Russian mobsters only spiked his creativity!
Voting is easy. Just go to http://www.vintageguitar.com/hall-of-fame/
Log in and cast your vote. Oh, there’s an added benefit to you. Voters are entered to win a beautiful new D’Angelico guitar, so do it now! And many thanks for your support.